An update. (Finally!)

Thursday, October 20, 2016
We are thisclose to being finished our home assessment. We have received the rough draft of our report from our social worker and it will be presented to her team on Tuesday, October 25th. For the majority of the assessment process I could comfortably say it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. We did hit one snag, which is hard to explain, but it all ended up working out. We've read over the report, and it sounds like us. A couple minor things we'll ask her to change (like Jonathan's name being spelled wrong, something he's pretty used to!) but I believe that the report captures who we are. I'll be on pins and needles until after the 25th I think, but it's crazy to thing how close to the end we are!

We had our adoption photos taken a little over a month ago, and we absolutely love them. They were taken at Point Pleasant Park in Halifax by Melissa Harding Photography. Melissa was fantastic to work with, I would definitely recommend her to any one in our area looking to have photos taken. I posted most of them on Facebook, but here are a few of my favourites...










Once the report is complete and we're approved (which hopefully we will be!) the real waiting begins. Because we're looking for one or two children with relatively low-needs, our wait may be long. We have lots of projects to do around the house, so hopefully that will keep us from dwelling on it too much. :-) 

Hopefully I'll be posting on Tuesday to let you all know that we are officially approved! 

3 comments

  1. Praying for you. I know it is hard to wait. God has his timing. We have been thru two almost adoptions and had foster kids for 2 years. I got to hold a baby that we prayed for and sing him Jesus loves me, but it wasn't our time.

    ReplyDelete